COVID-19 Guidelines/Policys to ensure the safety of our guest….
The Mills Administration announced today that it is exempting visitors from the States of Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey, New Hampshire, and Vermont from the 14-day quarantine requirement or negative COVID-19 testing alternative, effective this Friday, July 3, 2020. All other states must certify that they have received a recent negative COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to the arrival date into Maine to stay in lodging establishments, such as hotels, as an alternative to quarantine. Guest will be asked to email or fill out a compliance form upon arrival.
BillowHouse Guidelines & Suggestion ( The “new norm” of BillowHouse for 2020)
In order to ensure safe 6 feet physical/ social distancing practice and decrease the traffic flow as you enter and exit your room we have closed the two middle studio, the Colby Apartment and will only have one of the two bedrooms occupied of the guesthouse on a given week for the month of July. For those guest with a reservation in a Studio/Kitchenette you will be required to enter your door located on the parking lot side and exit though the door on the ocean side of your deck.
- The Beach Rose Garden Apartment will only have access to enter and exit from the parking lot side entrance and only have access to the table and chairs in front of your apartment.
- The Dunes Garden Apartment will use the normal way in and out to that apartment and only have access to the garden space(table and chairs) in front of the Dunes Garden Apartment.
- We are encouraging guest to bring their own beach chairs, umbrellas and beach towels. However, if you choose not to we will be happy to provide 1 umbrella per unit, enough beach chairs for the number of guest registered to stay in the unit you are renting and the same for beach towels. Beach chair and umbrellas will need to be stored on your decks for the length of your stay.
- The basement area will be open for walk through only. We will not be able to supply children beach toys this year. The Outdoor shower will be available. The washer and dryer will be available however, only one guest at a time will be able to do laundry. Please wear gloves and wipe down door handle and button on washer and dryer after each use.
- For your protection dishes, glassware and silverware will be replaced with paper goods and plastic utensils. Pots and pans and sharp knifes will be left in all units. Ocean Park Suite will not have dishes removed as there is a dishwasher in this unit.
- The Gathering room will not be available to guests and under the state reopening guidelines “No buffets or self-service areas can be open. Breakfast cannot be offered to the two front bedrooms in the Guesthouse. The good news is the grocery store one block from BillowHouse will be open and if you have not had a cinnamon roll from there you have missed out on eating something special. There will be coffee, tea, popcorn and hot chocolate in your room for you to enjoy.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in each room along with safety kits that will include wipes and masks in case you forget yours. While walking on the property of BillowHouse you will be required to wear a FACE MASK at all times. (including children) Currently masks are required to enter spaces in Ocean Park, like the Soda Fountain, Ocean Park Grocery Store and Post Office.
- Outside visitors that are not staying at BillowHouse will not be allowed to enter your units and or use the facilities. This includes having visitor for the day. Only registered guest are allowed to sit on decks and or use lawn areas facilities .
- Grills &Fire pit will be available on upon request and there will be a sign up sheet outside the office for fire pit and grill use.
As part of the DECD guidelines paper ammenities such as pen, paper, information books, magazine, brochures, decorative pillows and our signature bears will no longer be available in rooms. Information books are available upon request.
- Extra items you will need to pack this summer will be q-tips, cotton balls, and mouth wash as these items will not be available in rooms.
- We will continue to provided daily chamber service. We want to ensure that door knobs, hard surfaces, handles in each unit are sanitized each day for your safety. Throughout the day and early evening we will sanitize rails, hand bars and handles. Your health and safety are number one priority while you are at BillowHouse.
- We encourage you to visit the following website to read the Maine DECD guidelines in its entire. These guidelines will also included cleaning practices, and guest guidelines in full. maine.gov/covid19
- In order for Christine & Judi to have adequate time to deep clean each unit between guest s Check in time will be 3:00 and check out time anytime before 10:00 AM
As of June 25, 2020 guest who live in NH or VT are now able to come to Maine without following the 14 day quarantine guidelines or be tested for COVID-19
Please feel free to call or email me if you have any question or concern after reading the above updates.
BillowHouse Payment Policy:
To confirm your reservation, a deposit equal to one night’s lodging will be required when you make the reservation. The balance will be due upon arrival. We do accept Visa and MasterCard. However, we would be most appreciative if you would pay your deposit and balance by check or cash. If you pay your balance with a check or cash, we will give you a 2% discount.
BillowHouse Cancellation Policy:
We understand that sometimes plans change. If you cancel your reservation at least 30 days before your scheduled arrival, we will be happy to apply your deposit, good for one year (12 months), to your next visit with us. The deposit is not refundable. If you cancel your reservation less than 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival, your deposit will not be refunded, and you will also be responsible for payment of the entire bill.
The BillowHouse Winter Weather Guarantee:
If, on the day you are to check in, the National Weather Service issues a Warning of severe weather, and you call on the day of check-in and cancel your travel plans due to the weather conditions, we will be happy to hold your deposit for one year (12 months) to apply it to a future visit to BillowHouse.
BillowHouse COVID-19 Cancellation Policy: If you are not comfortable leaving your home or we need to cancel your reservation due to guidelines set by the state, and desire to cancel your reservation we will apply your deposit towards a future visit within a year’s time.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Judi at 1-888-767-7776. We are committed to listening to you.
Check-in time is between 2 PM and 5 PM. Please call ahead at least 24 hours. Please call or email us with your approximate check- in time. Since we do not have 24 hour front desk, it would be helpful for us to prepare for you. Do not worry, you will get in anytime after 2:00PM on the day of your arrival. Sometimes if you want to check- in after 5:00PM, you will have instruction on the office door. No check-in after 10:00 PM.
Check-out is any time before 10 AM.
The BillowHouse Parking Policy: For those guest who have a seven day reservation one parking spot will be assigned to you upon arrival. For those guest who are here for less than seven days a parking spot in our driveway is not guaranteed.
The BillowHouse Smoking Policy:
BillowHouse is a smoke free environment: Smoking of tobacco or recreational marijuana is not allowed inside your unit or on any of the decks outside each unit.
Holiday Weekend Policy:
During holiday weekends there is a three day minimum stay requirement.
The BillowHouse Pet Policy:
Although we appreciate how important pets are to families, pets are not allowed at BillowHouse. However, Keoke (family run) Kennel Boarding is located about 5 miles from BillowHouse.